Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pants, pants, and more pants

103_0853 Holy cow. I cannot take pictures. Seriously.


But, here are some pants. And a hat. 


I'm an awesome craft blogger.


Long version: I always make Christmas pj's for the family. Little tradition that started the year I got my sewing machine. 


They have gotten progressively better over the years - of course, that isn't saying much. The first pairs were hysterical. Huge - as in, Kevin and I could both fit in one pair.


Not that we tried.


Nope.


Not us.


Anyhoo, this year, my pal Nita requested some matching jammie pants for her crew. I made her a pair last year for a Secret Santa swap. It was the first time I had sewn something for someone to wear when I couldn't have them try it on. Made me really nervous.


This made me even more nervous. Especially after she bought the fabric and realized that it can be pricey to make your own stuff. Eek. Don't waste your friend's money! 


I got some measurements and went to work. We'll see. I'm hoping the Christmas photo turns out like she wanted it to.


The picture is of her son's pants and the little hat I threw in because there were some odd pieces of extra fabric left over.


Oh, and someone remind me next year that fleece isn't as wide as flannel. Because if Nita hadn't ordered extra material? I totally wouldn't have had enough.


Next up? MORE PANTS.



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved them and it's so cute to see Daddy and the little man wearing them around the house. The hat and scarf were such an added perk! The pics came out pretty decent but I am so far behind on a card that I don't even think I will end up doing one.
    Thank you for all of your hard work - you're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Sew . . . what do you think?